Conditions of “Holiday Tenancy”
These conditions apply to all properties.
Within 3 days of making the booking the deposit amounting to 50% of the total tariff must be paid; If not paid the booking lapses. The deposit comprises part of the total tariff payable.
Bookings for less then 7 days must be paid for in full on booking.
2. Remaining Balance
The balance of the total tariff is to be paid prior to the booked period. Bookings made for Easter/Festival and Christmas are to be paid in full One Month prior to arrival.
Cancelled or terminated bookings: A cancellation fee of $100.00 will apply under ANY and ALL circumstances.
- If the property is relet for the total period formerly booked by you, the cancellation fee only will be charged and the balance refunded.
- If the property is NOT relet for the total period formerly booked by you, the deposit received will not be refunded.
Keys will not be made available until ALL monies have been paid in full. Arrangements for the collection of keys outside of office hours should be made prior to arrival.
4. Check-in and vacating times
Occupation commences from 11:00am on the date of arrival, and the premises must be vacated AND KEYS RETURNED TO OUR OFFICE by 9:00am on the day of departure.
A $50-00 per hour penalty fee will be charged for late check-outs.
5. Number of persons
The number of occupants MUST NOT EXCEED the number agreed to with the agent at the time of booking. The premises must be kept clean at all times. A breach of this condition will permit the owner to refuse a key, amend the rental or immediately terminate the tenancy (see clause 16).
6. The Term
The premises are rented for holiday purposes only. The property is not to be used for functions, parties or schoolies. If it is found that the premises is intended to be used for such purpose, keys will be refused and the booking terminated.
7. No Pets
Animals and pets are not allowed on or inside the premises under any circumstances.
8. No Smoking
Smoking is not permitted inside any of our properties.
9. Bookings are accepted by us in good faith as agents for the property owners.
We cannot be held responsible for actions taken by the owner of the premises or other occurrences that are outside of our control, such as:
- If the property is sold;
- The tariff is increased prior to your occupation;
- The property is altered in any way;
- Malfunction of any inventory articles;
- The property is withdrawn for letting. Should this occur, every reasonable endeavour will be made to find alternative accommodation.
10. We accept no responsibility for misdescription of the property, particularly with regard to telephone or postal bookings
11. No responsibility: is taken by the agent or the owners for tenants’ personal property.
12. Breakages and damage
As the tenant you are responsible for all damages, breakages and loss incurred during the term of your occupancy. These are to be reported and paid for or replaced.
Please assist by leaving the premises clean and tidy, with cutlery and cooking utensils washed and put away, BBQ clean and bins put out or additional cleaning fees may be deducted from the security deposit. If, upon occupation, the property or contents failed to meet acceptable cleaning standards every endeavour will be made to rectify the problem. However, this shall not constitute grounds for cancellation or refund.
Guests are not permitted to clean fish tanks at or in the premises.
All properties are let without linen – linen hire is available and must be arranged prior to arrival. The holiday properties are self contained and are to be ‘self serviced’. No service cleans will be provided for any bookings.
15. Noise Pollution
Is a punishable offence by Law and as such as we reserve the right to immediately terminate the tenancy for any breach of this condition. Functions and parties are not permitted. A security company may be called to investigate complaints of excessive noise or anti-social behaviour incurring a charge of up to $200.00 for call-out, which will be deducted from the security deposit. Security may evict guests from the premises resulting in the loss of rent and security deposit.